Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Florence

I actually did very little painting my first year back at OCAD after my two-year hiatus; I focused on finishing my liberal studies and doing Integrated Media electives.

LATER:

The most involved I've ever been in my painting was when I decided to apply for OCAD's Florence Program; I think it was the best move I've ever made. I was accepted into the program and found myself living in Italy for my Thesis year.

When I first got there making art was the furthest thing from my mind--I was too overwhelmed by what I saw. I'm not a good enough writer to describe what it was like to land in a place like Florence so I'm not going to try.
Anyway, I'd never been so inspired as in that strange and beautiful place and I was ecstatic with how it affected my content and aesthetic.


I also did a performance and a video and I'll post these either here or on the website I'm working on. Godspeed.